Thursday, April 15, 2010

Free Response Week

The past couple of weeks, we have been learning about the Second Life frontier. I has been a wonderous adventure filled with avatars with poka-dot dresses and slicked back hair and crazy sirens named Rosey insisting upon a chase. A lot of the features available in second life such as text chat and voice chat mirror features available on g chat. I think that second life may appeal more to those who like the gaming atmosphere though, but all the flying around may prove to be more of a distraction than anything else.

I like g chat because it seems to take the distractions out and multiple people can be involved in the same chat.

I think that a lot of students are now using netbooks as their primary computer, so it may not be reasonable to expect the students to download many programs onto their computer. The institution should have to support and provide service to second life if students are going to be expected to use it.

1 comment:

  1. I actually enjoyed Second Life. In fact the flying around was really fun. think you are right that people who enjoy playing computer games would enjoy Second Life.

    ReplyDelete