Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Vocabulary Resource

The vocabulary resource I found is located at:

http://www.esltower.com/vocabularyteachers.html

This website offers many printable worksheets for ESL lessons. They are organized by different themes and topics. Some of the worksheets include crossword puzzels, word finds, etc. The worksheets are nice because they have pictures to go with them that may aid in activating schemata while the students are working with the new vocabulary. Some of the worksheets are also organized by parts of speech and types of verbs, so it is easy to correlate whatever you are trying to teach with the worksheets provided on the website. The website also has some developed curriculim for a couple of different types of courses such as a children's English class.

Most of all, I think this website is a valuable resource for saving time because making worksheets can be very time consuming. Also, they can be used for students to get extra credit, and best of all, it didn't take a lot of extra work on the instructor's part. There is also a section for students, so the students could access their own work sheets for practice. There are some pronunciation exercises available as well. Hang on to this resource!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the ESL Tower site is very useful. I've used some of their activities in my own classroom. Some of their activities do seem to be geared towards younger learners, so instructors may have to be selective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Sabah; the activities may be a little immature for some learners.

    ReplyDelete